Appraisal and Umpire Services
Our experienced Appraisers and Umpires are ready to assist you through the Claim Resolution Process:
Expert Claim Handling
- Our appraisers and umpires are experienced in working with contractors, public adjusters, and opposing appraisers.
- On‐site inspections and damage assessment with all parties involved.
- Thorough documentation of the appraisal activity and weekly status updates.
- Line by Line comparison of the disputed estimates to review discrepancies.
- Expert estimates to compare pricing and scope of work using appropriate estimating techniques specific to each situation.
- Expert documentation of the inspection and discrepancies in the bid estimates.
- Local networks with reliable/accurate tradesmen and contractors.
- Local network of Contracting Services including Engineering Services.
- On‐site inspections with Contractors or Engineers.
- Allow each party a reasonable opportunity to explain and document their case.
- Comply with the rules of “natural justice”.
- To adopt procedures suitable to the circumstances of the particular case.
- To provide a fair means for resolution of the dispute.
- We require all umpires to act fairly and impartially between the parties!
- Contact: We make immediate contact with the policy holder and/or contractor.
- Inspections: We make every effort to complete inspections in a timely manner. We work with the policy holder or contractor during the inspection to re-visit damages and address any concerns.
- Estimates and Reporting: We provide you with a thorough and independent evaluation of the loss. We are capable of adapting to your specific guidelines for estimating and reporting standards.
- Alternate Bids: We have industry contacts in our areas on hand that can provide alternate estimates that are fair market value based on today’s standards.
- Expert Procurement: We can assist you in hiring experts in our coverage areas that are fair and experienced in the proper loss type, including engineers, accountants and contractors.
- Resolution: We work with policy holders and insureds to find a solution for issues that arise in estimating differences between the insurance carrier and the contractor.